Book Creator Events: Organise Your Own
with Jenny Stubbs, President Book Links QLD
This webinar will provide an insight into what makes a successful literature-based festival or school visit. We will explore some examples of festivals from the UK and Australia. Discover how they are organised and funded. Find out the key points to making your own school visit session a success, including how to find a presenter, preparing for the visit, on the day and post visit.
Outcomes for attendees:
- Decide if it is feasible to establish a literature festival in their region or school.
- Learn how to plan a successful visit by a book creator to their own school.
Jenny Stubbs is President of Book Links Qld, Coordinator of CBCA Readers Cup and Director of StoryArts Festival Ipswich. She has been recognised for her commitment to literacy and engagement through reading and writing including winning the Dromkeen Librarians Award, the Dame Annabelle Rankin Award and the Johnno Award.
Jenny’s relevant achievements
- Introduced the first Book Gig to Queensland
- Involved in the first online discussions about books with children – Book Raps (oz-Projects)
- Introduced the first online chats in Australia between authors and children which grew into the online Literature Festival in 2003
- Created the Authors and Illustrators Visits Database for the Children’s Book
- Council of Australia to assist schools, libraries and festivals in planning author and illustrator visits.
- Established the Biennial Ipswich Festival of Children’s Literature in 1995 (known as StoryArts Festival Ipswich from 2013)
- Developed the concept of Travelling Suitcases for Book Links Inc. to provide materials about Queensland authors and illustrators to regional Queensland.
- Established Write Links through Book Links to support emerging writers.
For all States and Territories:
This webinar will provide self-identified professional development addressing the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the Proficient level:
3.3 – Using teaching strategies
3.4 – Select and use resources
6.2 – Engage in professional learning and improve practice
6.4 – Apply professional learning and improve student learning
7.4 – Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities
Please check the time in your time zone at Event Time Announcer
[Subscribed members, please log in to register for this event. Your membership subscription includes access to this webinar.]