In Seth Godin’s book, Linchpin – Are you indispensable?, he covers 7 abilities of being a linchpin.
- Providing a unique interface between members of the organization.
- Delivering unique creativity
- Managing a situation of great complexity.
- Leading customers
- Inspiring staff
- Providing deep domain knowledge
- Possessing a unique talent
In considering the 21st century skills, as identified on the Assessment & Teaching of 21st Century Skills project site, being a linchpin is going to be a highly sought after person to have on any school staff.